Build Date 1967
Body Type 2 Door Coupe
Transmission 5 Speed Manual
Engine 2L Twin Cam
- One of only 1407 RHD cars made
- Iconic Bertone “scalino” (step) or “step front” model
- Lovingly driven regularly by previous owner of 25 years
- Original 1600cc engine replaced with later 2000cc engine
The car offered for sale here is a 1967 model which has been owned for the last 25 years by an enthusiast owner drove the car very regularly and maintained the car impeccably. The interior is very original and the original boot mat is still there. This car is not mint, it has a small amount of rust in some outer panel areas but a thorough inspection underneath shows that there is no structural rust anywhere. The 1600cc engine has been replaced with a 2 litre engine ensuring that the little 105 gets up and goes!
In 1966, the Giulia Sprint GT was replaced by the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. A very similar vehicle but featuring a number of improvements: a revised engine—slightly more powerful and with more torque—better interior fittings and changes to the exterior trim.
The Sprint GT Veloce was introduced at the 36th Geneva Motor Show in March 1966, and then tested by the international specialist press in Gardone on the Garda Lake. Production began in 1965 and ended in 1968. The Giulia Sprint GT Veloce can be most easily distinguished from other models by the following features:
- Badging as per Giulia Sprint GT, with the addition of round enamel badges on the C-pillar—a green Quadrifoglio (four-leaf clover) on an ivory background—and a chrome “Veloce” script on the tail panel.
- Black mesh grille with three horizontal chrome bars.
- Grille heart has 7 bars instead of 6.
- Stainless steel bumpers, as opposed to the chromed mild steel bumpers on the Giulia Sprint GT. The bumpers are the same shape, but are made in two pieces (front) and three pieces (rear) with small covers hiding the joining rivets.
The “stepnose” 105 Alfa’s are highly desirable and collectable, here is your chance to secure one at a very reasonable price.