Restoration - E Type Series I 3.8 Coupe - Current

 

3

We have had some long term restoration projects in the workshop over the years, but this one will be difficult to beat! I dismantled this car for the owner, who is a good friend, in 1988, five years before I started the business. I actually drove this car to TAFE whilst studying to be an apprentice and we did a practical lession with the car on the chassis dyno!

 

The car is a late 3.8 coupe and was quite original and is numbers matching. After dismantling the car, the bodywork was done and then we painted the car back in about 1994. For various reasons, the car has sat idle until now, 2011, when we have got the go-ahead to get into it and complete the restoration.

 

 

 

1_copy

2

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

The bodywork required was quite extensive, but that is common. New floors, sills and bootfloor and a lot of work on the bonnet.

14

12

13

1-June-2011-023

07-June-2011-003_copy

10-June-2011-005

The original 3.8 engine was rebuilt back to standard specification using Heoplite Powermax pistons. The head was converted to late SIII XJ valves. The SU's were totally rebuilt and the engine here is ready to be run on the engine dyno.

30-May-2011-001

30-May-2011-011

30-May-2011-012

The front suspension components were cadmium plated as original, a new cotton braided wiring loom installed and a new alloy radiator here is trial fitted.
Page: 1 2